Disney College Program: Things I'm Looking Forward To

July 21, 2017


It's official guys! I filled out my paperwork this week and in less than a month I'll be living in Florida again and starting my second college program! And while I may be an alumni of the program, I participated in the Spring which is totally different from the Fall program I'm doing this time around. So with that said, I wanted to share some things that I can't help but get excited for while I'm home getting ready for the big move! 

  • HALLOWEEN - Halloween in Disney is my favorite thing in the whole WORLD. Okay?? And I actually hate Halloween. But the way the parks are decorated, and everything about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party including what I think is the best parade they have at Walt Disney World, is amazing! So to be able to see the parks decorated from August-November is a dream come true, especially because I could pick up shifts to work during Mickey’s Not So Scary! (Halloween Horror Nights at Universal however, I will be stay far far FAR away from).

  • Cooler-ish Weather - On my last program it was freezing (yes this New England girl was actually cold in Florida) and then it was really hot, there wasn’t any in between. So I'm excited to enjoy some cooler/more comfortable weather, even if it’s only for a week or two. 


  • Christmas decorations - I’ve never seen the parks decorated for Christmas which is horrible because I love Christmas so much. (Like so much so that I start watching Elf and listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween). So it’s only fair that I’ll be working for a company that starts Christmas festivities around that same time frame.  

    • Food and Wine Festival - I’ve been to Food And Wine many times but I’ve never been as a legal drinking age adult so I’m pretty pumped that I’ll get to enjoy everything about the festival now. 
    • Everything New - Since my last program, so many changes have been made. From Happily Ever After, to new dining, Volcano Bay at Universal, new stuff at Disney Springs, and of course PANDORA! So I can’t wait to experience everything for the first time. 
    This is all starting to get real and I can't believe it's almost time for me to be back! Leave me some ideas for a halloween costume in the comments, I'm gonna need a few for all the times I go to MNSSHP!

    You Might Also Like

    4 comments

    1. This is so awesome! I know it's not all cupcakes and rainbows(it's still a job) but it's pretty close! The photos are amazing and my little Disney heart is just so happy!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Girl, this is too cute. I'm so excited for you! I live about 3 hours from Orlando, so me and my sister go to Universal all the time. My friend did the DCP and LOVED it! You'll have a great second time around. :) As far as Fall in Florida, it won't be like New England, but maybe a little bit cooler.

      ReplyDelete
    3. How awesome. What a great experience for you. I wish that I had taken a look at that when I was in college. Great post!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow, you make Disney world sound so fun. I'm taking my my kids in Sept and your post made me excited.

      ReplyDelete