Disney College Program FAQs

March 31, 2017

I feel like over the last few months I've become an unofficial adviser about the Disney College Program on my campus. I've hosted info sessions and always have people emailing me questions that they have and I've noticed that many of the questions are the same. So because I clearly love talking about the program, I'm here to answer some of the top questions I always get asked!

1. How do I apply/is it hard to get in?
Applying is a three step process. A regular application, a web-based interview (WBI), and a phone interview. Applications drop in August for the spring program, and in January for fall. It is a competitive program, but as long as you have common sense and a passion for the program, you shouldn't have any trouble with applying and interviewing. The application is at cp.disneycareers.com  
2. What should I put in my application?
Well I can't really answer that for you but I have two tips when it comes to role selection. If you 100% do NOT want a certain role, don't put it in low interest because you can still be considered for it. And make sure you have some of the "big 5" roles in your interests, those are attractions, merchandise, quick service food and beverage, custodial, and lifeguard. They are the top roles that they recruit for because they have a lot of spots to fill for them. 
3. AHH! I have a phone interview and I'm freaking out!
DON'T FREAK OUT! Smile, have 1-2 sheets of vague notes, write your recruiters name down in the beginning and thank them by name, and be energetic! Think of it as a conversation. 
4. I GOT ACCEPTED! Now what?
CONGRATS! Accept your offer, pay your fee, join some Facebook groups and make friends! The hard part is over now you just have to wait for check in.
5. So... What's up with housing?
Okay, so there's 4 different apartment complexes; Vista Way, Chatham Square, The Commons, and Patterson Court. They all have their pros and cons, I recommend looking at apartment tours on YouTube and be open when doing housing selections. Disney takes your rent out of your paycheck every week, and I will admit that housing can be strict sometimes. Especially be mindful of cleanliness and safety inspections. 
6. Should I bring a car?
Well, it's always a good idea, especially if you plan to explore Florida outside of the Disney bubble. But, it is possible to survive without one and take the buses. Just make friends with people who have cars and you'll be all set. 
7. Roommates? Random or nah?
Honestly it's up to you but don't stress too much about it. Once everyone starts working, you'll never all be in the apartment at the same time. Just make sure you're all on the same page about cleaning and stuff and you'll be fine. 
8. What's the first thing I should do??
Definitely take your free time in the first few weeks to explore around property and relax. You don't get your park passes right away and it's boring to stay in your apartment all day. The outlets are in walking distance from most of the complexes, Disney Springs doesn't require park admission, and you can always hang out at the resorts. Also getting a Universal Studios annual pass was one of my best decisions.
9. What was your favorite part?
Getting to go to any of the parks whenever I wanted, for as long as I wanted. If I wanted a coffee I could go to Magic Kingdom, grab a coffee, sit on the hub grass and then leave. That's a luxury that not many people have, and it's not something I took for granted. (I still text my friends to see if they want to go to EPCOT for dinner, even though we all live in different states now). 
10. Can I talk to you when I think of any other questions?
Absolutely! I'm always excited to talk about my experience and help anyone who needs it because I remember how hard it was to find info when I was first applying. Feel free to leave a comment with any questions you may have!

You Might Also Like

0 comments