My Favorite Disney Days: Little Moments

March 28, 2017

When I started this series of DCP stories, I had way too many to choose from but most weren't big enough for their own posts, so here's some of my favorite little moments.

The last Dream Along with Mickey performance 
Dream Along With Mickey has always had a special place in my heart because well, it was around long enough to be there for all my trips to Disney with my family. I also caught part of the show during Traditions for my College Program, and yeah I cried. Being able to experience the last performance surrounded by fellow cast members and former DAWM entertainment cast, felt really special. Everyone knew all the words, were cheering on the cast, and some released balloons at the end. One of my favorite parts of it was when it was over and I saw the faces of some of the guests in the audience who didn't know what was going on. 

Sunrise Yoga in Magic Kingdom
Being a cast member has it's perks, like special cast-only experiences. This was one I took advantage of and it was beyond cool, even though we had to wake up at 3AM (after closing strollers at Hollywood Studios the night before). Getting to see the sun come up behind the castle and take a yoga class in the most popular amusement park in the world - while it's almost completely empty -  is way better then any gym I can think of! 


Best Friend Weekends!
Another perk of being a cast member? Discounts and guest passes! Because of these, my two best friends were able to each come down to visit. Getting to show them around, and spend some time as a guest in the resorts was the best cure for homesickness. 
  
Getting Stuck
When you can visit a park whenever you want, you go on a lot of rides - and you get stuck a lot. So I was pretty used to it, but sometimes were much scarier than others.
Like this time my roommate and I got stuck on Dinosaur. We were stopped at one of the darkest parts of the ride and our ride vehicle stopped moving through the ride, but Seeker was still talking over our speakers, and our time-rover was still shaking and moving in place, as if we were going through the ride normally. This went on for a few minutes and was actually terrifying - hence the beautiful ride photo.

What is your funniest experience getting stuck on a ride? Leave it in the comments below! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've always wondered what it would be like to work for Disney. This is a really cool collection of little things. The perks are certainly cool! That yoga class looks like it definitely would be worth the early rise. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete