Disney College Program - Bon Voyage Brunch Review

September 14, 2017

Three of my favorite things are brunch, Prince Eric & the Boardwalk Resort. Put them together and throw in Flynn Rider and my best friend? Best. Day. EVER. 
When the Bon Voyage Character Breakfast was first announced I thought I was dreaming. My two favorite Disney couples PLUS pancakes and mimosas?? At one of my favorite resorts? I couldn't believe it was real. And today I got to check it out!
The breakfast is at Trattoria Al forno on the Boardwalk. I had never been before but it was beautiful. I will totally be back for dinner one night!
When we first got to our table our server brought us out a frying pan full of Tangled and Little Mermaid themed pastries so I was already drooling. Then we ordered off of the provided menu (it's a sit-down meal not a buffet like other character dining). I was told by many of my friends to get the "Tower of Pancakes" and I was not disappointed!
It came with fresh fruit. bacon or sausage and a pile of the thickest pancakes I'd ever seen. I will say though, the food came out super quick and I was not expecting it. 
Then it was time for characters! I had never met Flynn Rider before but he was great! He was super funny and treated us like 22 year olds not 5 year olds, which is always nice when dealing with characters. 
They were also big fans of Justine's Tangled ears.
But then it was time for the moment I have waited 22 years for. I was finally going to meet the prince that I was convinced I would marry when I was 4 years old. Prince Eric. 
He was also really great to meet and he was super funny. He could tell that I was excited (and basically there to see him) so he spent some time chatting with us and joking around. Ariel also came over and interacted with us and again they treated us like adults not kids. It was an experience I won't forget anytime soon. 
Ariel was great as usual and will always be my favorite. 
Then we were done! My only complaint is that it seemed kind of rushed. We got our food super quick, the character interactions didn't seem rushed, but as soon as we were done meeting them it felt like we were being pushed to leave which was odd because it wasn't like there was a line out the door or anything. Our reservation was at 7:50 and we were out of there by 8:50. 
Then what else would we do with the low crowd levels due to the hurricane? We walked over to Epcot and rode almost everything before noon! 
Which leads me into my next post about Food & Wine! I'm going later tonight to see the Plain White T's so keep an eye out for that!

Who is your favorite Disney prince? Let me know in the comments! 


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Aww, I miss reading blog posts like this just showing how your day went. Sounds like you had an amazing time!

    I've never done brunch before.... I know, I know! *hangs head in shame*

    Fashionicide
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome and really fun day out! I'm definitely loving the pics of the food and the amvbience looks quite great! Would definitely love to visit but I'm in London :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun and so YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole experience looks incredible and you photography is awesome!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and that the characters lived up to yoir expectations. I love lots of Disney movies and my kids grew up loving them too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to more amazing travel stories by you.
    cheap luton airport parking

    ReplyDelete