My Favorite Disney Days - We Survived Finals

April 04, 2017

I'm gonna be real with you, maintaining full time student status while doing the college program is hard, or at least it was for me. It's not impossible, but it's not the most fun part of the whole experience. BUT getting to celebrate the end of the semester in Disney is pretty great. And the day Keara and I celebrated finishing our finals was one of my favorites. 


We started our day at Epcot and took a walk around World Showcase. Now this was also during Prince Harry's Invictus Games week so there were a few celebrities out and about in the parks. Like for example, Derek Hough from Dancing With The Stars, who walked right by us between the France and UK pavilions. This was my one celebrity sighting during my whole program and I didn't even get a picture because we were convinced it was just someone who looked like him. Until about an hour later when other people posted pictures with him in EPCOT. So yeah, we technically saw him, and I'm still kicking myself about it. 
ANYWAYS, we moved on from EPCOT to go over to Hollywood Studios for dinner and fireworks and we stopped in to see Mickey and Minnie's new meet and greet spot!
Then we decided to treat ourselves to dinner at the sci fi dine-in. Our server was amazing and was so happy for us that we finished our finals. She just kept telling us that she was proud of us because she remembered how hard it was for her. She was so happy for us that she gave us a magical moment! 
She brought us free cupcakes! This felt really special because she knew that we were cast members and it's actually pretty rare to get a magical moment when the person knows that you work for Disney and you aren't just a normal guest. So this totally made our days and kinda made up for the Derek Hough situation.  







You Might Also Like

0 comments