My Favorite Disney Days: My 21st Birthday

March 27, 2017

Monday's are the worst. Monday's that are rainy and cold are 10x's more horrible. So in order to cure my Monday blues, I'm going to start this series of stories from my Disney College Program! First up, my 21st birthday!

Basically I was planning it as soon as I accepted my job offer in September, (I'm getting a degree in planning, don't judge) and my roommate and I were prepared to make it as perfect as possible. And we definitely succeeded. 


My birthday was also pretty bittersweet because the night before was the last night at work for a lot of my coworkers and friends. So we did what anyone else would do in this situation, and went to IHOP until 3AM. So I was surrounded by friends from the second my birthday started at midnight AND I got to eat pancakes multiple times that day. 
After IHOP I took a glorified nap, and was woken up to get ready for brunch at the Grand Floridian with my best friends. Our server brought us cupcakes with our mimosas and it seemed like every character who visited our table knew that we would be headed to EPCOT for the rest of the day and told to stay hydrated and not die. Imagine the Mad Hatter calling you out and lecturing you on drinking responsively, it's pretty hilarious. 

Then it was off to EPCOT for the one thing everyone should do on their 21st; drinking around the world.



At the end of the night (while I fell asleep in Steff's backseat in the Wendy's drive thru), I couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out. Perfect weather, perfect friends and perfect drinks made it one of the best birthday's I've ever had.
The day after 21? Not as fun... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments