D23 2017 Announcements

July 19, 2017

Okay so obviously you know by now, D23 was this past weekend and SO MANY ANNOUNCEMENTS WERE MADE! I was actually at work when the Parks and Resorts panel was happening and of course went on break as soon as things were being announced. I was trying really hard not to make a scene in the mall food court as I was refreshing twitter because I have so many feelings about this stuff! So, obviously I'm going to share them with you here! These are only a few of the announcements though, this post would be a small novel if I posted all of them, but you can see the full list here.
Also don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments!

VIA WDW Info

  • Guardians of the Galaxy in EPCOT - Okay I’m SO excited about this. My brother is the world's biggest GotG fanboy I know, so it's hard not to be a fan of it myself (since it's all he ever talks about). And while Ellen’s Energy Adventure will have a funny little place in my heart, I’m excited to see what they’re going to do with all that space because the show building is HUGE. I also love that it's going to be something totally new, while I heard Mission Breakout is amazing in DLR, you pretty much knew what to expect from the ride itself since they just transformed what was Tower Of Terror. I’m sure it's going to be awesome - especially how they fit it with the story of how Peter Quill visited EPCOT as a kid on Earth. 
VIA @DisneyD23 on Twitter
  • Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - First of all, not a fan of the name, I don’t know why, it's just not great. But besides that, I CANNOT WAIT. I think it's so cool that each guest will have their own storyline within the land, and that will change how you interact with the characters there. The land also looks huge and I just know that they will do right by all of us and make the land worth the wait (and lack of open attractions in Hollywood Studios).  
  • New Hotels - Keep in mind that I graduated with a degree in hospitality, so hotels and resorts are kind of a big deal to me. My family are also Disney Vacation Club members so the idea of a new Disney Riviera Resort, (not just villa additions to current resorts) is so cool. Especially that rooftop restaurant with views of EPCOT & Hollywood Studios fireworks. AND THAT STAR WARS RESORT THOUGH?? I’m interested in how they are going to be able to pull it off. Obviously I know they will make it look amazing and everything but they are promising a lot with how interactive it's going to be and I’m wondering how that is going to work. I’m also concerned about the space view windows, being someone who gets migraines from lights and screens, a hotel with no natural light sounds a little scary. But never the less, I will be for sure visiting the hotel - or as much of it as I can see without paying for a room, because I can't even wrap my head around how expensive it’s going to be! 
VIA comicbookmovie.com
  • TRON in Magic Kingdom - alright I’m still pinching myself over this because when rumors started going out about this last week I never thought they were actually true. But they are! And we won't lose the Speedway or my precious People Mover. While I do realize that it's going to look little funny in Tomorrowland, I’m so excited that I don't have to go to Shanghai to ride this!! 
  • Skyway Gondolas - N O P E. It's a cool idea, and I'm sure people will love them. I’m just never stepping inside one because I'm terrified. 
VIA The Disney Parks Blog
  • Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - YES. While I am sad to see The Great Movie Ride go, I’m beyond excited to finally get a Mickey and Minnie ride! I love the new animation style, my brother and I always watch the shorts on resort TV when we are on vacation, and I love that it's going to be a completely original attraction while keeping the Chinese Theater facade. 

So all in all, I'm so happy with the announcements that have been made. I'm a little bitter about the lack of night time parade for Magic Kingdom but I'm almost positive it's because they are going to develop something amazing for the 50th Anniversary in 2021. And if that's all I have to complain about, I think I'll be okay. 

What are you most excited about? How much per night do you think the Star Wars resort is going to cost?? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm excited for the new rides/ themes. However, I love GOTG and I won't be riding their new ride. I had a terrible experience on Tower of Terror when I was five when my older sister tricked me into thinking it was just a normal ride and not a 'drop' thrill-ride. I'm 30 and still can't get over it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to choose from! I'm with you on the Star Wars hotel. I'm not sure I could stay in a hotel that doesn't have any natural light. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool post! I've never been to Disney but everything there looks incredible and I can't wait until one day when I get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was one of the best among I have seen related to Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, we live in Tampa so we are so close to Disney! The little one is excited to go for the first time later this year, so it will be a blast with all these new rides and hotels!


    Mae | http://www.thegospelofbeauty.org

    ReplyDelete